Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A sad good-bye to Snoball

Yesterday I turned in my laptop and said good-bye to Snoball. It was my last day as their digital strategist. Now if you are looking for me to be resentful of the team or the management, you have come to the wrong place. In fact I have nothing but great things to say about them. The group at Snoball is top notch. The reasons I joined the company still stand. They are committed to serving the greater good, the people that work there are crazy smart, and their intellectual property portfolio is huge. I care so much for each and everyone of my coworkers, and will miss them dearly.

You might want to know why I am no longer with Snoball. The truth is that it was out of my hands and out of theirs.They had to cut a few salaries to achieve some very exciting and aggressive goals. I fully support this decision and can't wait when all the hard work that's been going on behind the scenes becomes public. I am now looking for my next opportunity. If you don't know what I did at Snoball as digital strategist you can check out my profile on LinkedIn for a more complete description.

Here is what I am looking for in my next role, in order of preference:

  • High Touch - I want to speak and talk with people that care and support the company I work for. I want to listen to their needs and concerns and take that up the chain of command to create a better experience.
  • Customer Service - My new home must love the users of the product or service that is offered by the company. The happiness of these users must be paramount.
  • Social Media - I love social media and I don't want to lose that. I want to be involved and I want to contribute and be a valued member of the team.

For all those that read this, I thank you for your time, concern, help and support. I have included some quotes and reactions to the news of my departure below. They really helped to improve my mood:

I look forward to hearing of your next adventure!

I know your next adventure will be an excellent one.

You're so connected I'm sure you will find something soon.

Waa?

I am now off to discover my next endeavor. Wish me happy hunting!

 

Posted via email from Wesley83's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment