Sunday, January 30, 2011

Social Media Breakfast Austin TX • 1/12/11

This was my talk at the SMB Austin prediction event. My predictions for 2010 can be found here: http://www.socialmediabreakfast.com/austin/2009/12/17/share-2010-social-media...

I got a little emotions in the middle of this speech and totally lost my train of thought. I had no idea that the memory of that day would affect me as much as it did. My mom was born and raised in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. I lost about 80% of my relatives that day in 2010.

So to cut to the chase, my prediction for 2011. I predict that charities will leverage their user/subscriber base to generate real dollars from companies that are also in the same space. Social media is a powerful bullhorn for nonprofits and the people that follow them. That same communication base can be harnessed for targeted marketing.

Posted via email from Wesley83's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment