Wednesday, October 14, 2009

#GTKWW (Get to know Wesley Wednesday) 10/14/09

I'm not much of a drinker. Well until last year wasn't a drinker at all. Let me tell you why.

I have always been strong willed. When I set my mind to something I usually stick with it. I am also not one to cave under peer pressure.

When I left for college I vowed not to start drinking till I was of legal age. Even when I pledged Delta Upsilon, and was constantly surrounded by alcohol, I didn't give in. Then the time came, my 21st birthday, and no one took me out. Then the day after came, then the next week, then the next month. All that time passed and no one took me out. It wasn't like it was a secret I wanted to go out, it just never happened. After that big gap formed I then felt that I had to wait for something big to happen before I took my first drink.

Well that time came last year, when I got married. My new bride and I locked arms and we shared a glass of champagne. The joke I always say is that it just seemed right to start drinking when I got married.

Posted via web from Wesley83's Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment